Husqvarna Group’s management has set long-term objectives that will progress the Group towards becoming a more sustainable company. The objectives are integrated in the business and consistent with the intent of the Code of Conduct.
The Group strives toward the following long-term objectives and more short-term goals have been set up i accordance to these.
Develop environmentally sound products
- Develop a roadmap for phasing out hazardous chemicals and substances.
- Implement and apply environmental design in the product creation process.
More efficient use of energy and input materials
- Reduce energy consumption at manufacturing sites.
- Reduce carbon dioxide emissions in transportation.
- Implement and maintain ISO 14001 on all larger manufacturing sites.
Select suppliers that operate responsible
- Implement a unified program for risk mapping, supplier evaluation and supplier selection.
Reduce workplace accidents toward zero
- Reduce number of accidents (lost days).
- Implement a unified health and safety management system.
Contribute to the professional development of each employee
- 80 percent should receive an annual performance review.
- Work towards employee satisfaction index, target 85 percent.
Ensure employee adherence to the Code of Conduct
- 100 percent of managers in tier 1-3 to attend web-based training.
- 100 percent of purchase and sales personnel to attend web-based training.
- Include the Code of Conduct in the induction program for all new employees.
Contribute to the development of communities
- Support two community engagement projects per year at each major site.
- Gather information on community engegement projects.