Husqvarna Group is the world's largest producer of outdoor power products including robotic lawn mowers, garden tractors, chainsaws and trimmers. The Group is also the European leader in consumer watering products and one of the world leaders in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries. The Group's products and solutions are sold via dealers and retailers to both consumers and professional users in more than 100 countries.
Husqvarna Group's competitive product offering
The competitive product offering covers a wide spectrum of applications for consumers and professional users within the following product categories:
- Wheeled – mainly riders, garden tractors, zero-turn mowers, lawn mowers, tillers and snowthrowers.
- Electric - mainly robotic lawn mowers, corded and cordless handheld and wheeled products.
- Handheld – mainly petrol chainsaws, trimmers, clearing saws, blowers and hedge trimmers.
- Watering & Hand tools – mainly water-hoses, couplings, sprinklers, water computers, pumps and hand tools.
- Accessories – mainly accessories and replacement parts such as chainsaw chains, lubricants, safety equipment and clothes.
- Construction - mainly power cutters, floor saws, drilling equipment, wall and wire saws and a complete range of diamond tools.
Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch and Diamant Boart are the Groups’s core brands. There are also regional and tactical brands.
The global market for Husqvarna's products is estimated at approximately SEK 150 billion annually. North America accounts for approximately 50% of this market, Europe for more than 40%, and the rest of the world for less than 10%.
Demand is driven overall by the general economy, the level of activity in the forest and construction industries, and private consumption of household capital goods. Average annual growth in global demand is estimated by Husqvarna Group at 2-3% in terms of volume over a business cycle. Strong local variations may occur as a result of weather conditions, primarily regarding garden equipment.