Husqvarna Group is the world’s largest producer of outdoor power products including robotic lawn mowers, garden tractors, chainsaws and trimmers. The Group is also the European leader in consumer watering products and one of the world leaders in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries. The Group’s products and solutions are sold via dealers and retailers to both consumers and professional users in more than 100 countries. Net sales in 2013 amounted to SEK 30 billion, and the Group had 14,000 employees in more than 40 countries.
The product offering covers a wide spectrum of applications for consumers and professional users within the following product categories:
- Wheeled – mainly riders, garden tractors, zero-turn mowers, lawn mowers, tillers and snowthrowers.
- Electric - mainly robotic lawn mowers, corded and cordless handheld and wheeled products.
- Handheld – mainly petrol-powered chainsaws, trimmers, clearing saws, blowers and hedge trimmers.
- Watering & hand tools – mainly water-hoses, couplings, sprinklers, water controls,pumps and hand tools.
- Accessories – mainly accessories and replacement parts such as chainsaw chains, lubricants, safety equipment and clothes.
- Construction - mainly power cutters, demolition robots, drilling equipment, wall and wire saws, tile saws, floor grinders and all related diamond tools. Diamond tools for stone.
Husqvarna and Gardena are the Groups’s core brands but there are also additional regional brands.
The global market for the Group’s forest, park and garden, and construction products is estimated at approximately SEK 145 billion*. The main geographical markets and product categories are mature and grow in line with the general economy.
Demand is mainly driven by the general economic trend. Activity in the market for single-family homes, purchasing power and consumer confidence are important drivers of demand. Average annual growth in global demand is estimated at 2-3%* in terms of volume over a business cycle. Strong local variations may occur as a result of weather conditions, primarily regarding garden equipment.